Splendid solo win for Thibaud Gruel in the final stage. The GC Podium is international with Paul Magnier in 2nd place and Tomas Sivok in 3rd
Casano di Luni, 4 September 2022 – Antonio Morgado is the first Portuguese in history to win the Giro della Lunigiana which today, in the Ceparana di Bolano-Casano di Luni, saw the French Thibaud Gruel win the third stage in a row for the Transalpine Selection.
Gruel attacked 45km from the finish along the Montemarcello descent, an action that did not see the reaction of Portugal, the team of the Maglia Verde Antonio Morgado.
In Casano di Luni Gruel was able to exult with 22″ on the chasing group regulated by Vlad Van Mechelen.
All unchanged in the general classification where Antonio Morgado won with 8″
over Paul Magnier, third of the day, and 17″ over the Slovak Tomas Sivok.
The other jerseys went to Paul Magnier (Points), Antonio Morgado (GPM), Simone Gualdi (Young Riders), Andrea Raccagni Noviero (Intermediate Sprints), Simone Gualdi (Best Italian), Diego Bracalente (Combativity), Samuele Privitera (Best Ligurian), France (Best team), Veneto (Best Italian team).
1 Thybaud Gruel (France) 2h25’44”
2 Vlad Van Mechelen (Belgium) a 22″
3 Paul Magnier (France) st
1 Antonio Morgado (Portugal)
2 Paul Magnier (France) 8″
3 Tomas Sivok (Slovakia) 17″
The winner of the 46th Giro della Lunigiana, Antonio Morgado, said: “It is wonderful to have won such a prestigious race. I dedicate the victory to my teammates who have been impeccable. I look at the roll of honor and feel proud. of what I have done in these days.”
A few minutes after crossing the finish line, stage winner Thybaud Gruel said: “It is an incredible satisfaction, I feel I did something great and I want to thank all my team, the strongest of the Giro della Lunigiana. climb I feared the return of the pursuer, the Colombian Pescador, but I was able to manage and resist until the finish line.”
THE OFFICIAL JERSEYS OF THE 46TH GIRO DELLA LUNIGIANA
The leader jerseys of the 46th Giro della Lunigiana are designed by PISSEI.
- Maglia Verde, leader of the General Classification, sponsored by Poliartigiana Srl – Antonio Morgado (Portugal)
- Maglia Blu, leader of the Points Classification, sponsored by Regione Liguria – Paul Magnier (France)
- Maglia a Pois, leader of the KOM, sponsored by Confindustria La Spezia – Antonio Morgado (Portugal)
- Maglia Bianca, leader of the Young Riders Classification, born after 01/01/2005, sponsored by Spigas Clienti / Terre di Luni – Simone Gualdi (Lombardia)
- Maglia Arancione, leader of the Intermediate Sprints, sponsored by Assessorato allo Sport della Regione Liguria / Memorial Massimo Vanello – Andrea Raccagni Noviero (Liguria)
- Maglia Azzurra, leader of the Italian Riders Classification, sponsored by Conad – Simone Gualdi (Lombardia)