In Fivizzano we have seen the remake of yesterday’s finish with the Frenchman who wins on the Maglia Verde Antonio Morgado. Van Mechelen caught with 100 meters to go
Fivizzano, 3 September 2022 – It was a great day of cycling in Fivizzano that, after the morning’s first ever Giro della Lunigiana Women, has welcomed the amazing 3rd stage of the 46th Giro della Lunigiana which was won by Paul Magnier in front of the Maglia Verde Antonio Morgado who has increased its leadership in the overall standings where today’s winner sits now in second place.
It was a highly spectacular stage that in the last lap saw the attack of Edoardo Burani to which Vlad Van Mechelen replied and, on top of the short climb of Moncigoli, got rid of his adventure companion. It seemed made for the Belgian rider who, however, had to give up on the return of what was left of the group with Magnier and Morgado overtaking him 100 meters from the finish.
In the overall standings Tomas Sivok remains in third place while Simone Gualdi’s Maglia Bianca, who fell 800 meters from the finish, drops to 4th place.
Tomorrow the last stage from Ceparana di Bolano to Casano di Luni.
1 Paul Magnier (Francia) 2h31’16”
2 Antonio Morgado (Portogallo) st
3 Vlad Van Mechelen (Belgio) 3″
1 Antonio Morgado (Portogallo)
2 Paul Magnier (Francia) 8″
3 Tomas Sivok (Slovacchia) 17″
A few minutes after crossing the finish line, stage winner Paul Magnier said: “Two victories in a row are certainly a great result. The team worked great, we were many in the leading group. It was difficult to go and catch Van Mechelen, I gave everything and it went well. We are focused and we want to do well. for tomorrow’s stage. “
THE OFFICIAL JERSEYS OF THE 46TH GIRO DELLA LUNIGIANA
The leader jerseys of the 46th Giro della Lunigiana are designed by PISSEI.
- Maglia Verde, leader of the General Classification, sponsored by Poliartigiana Srl – Antonio Morgado (Portugal)
- Maglia Blu, leader of the Points Classification, sponsored by Regione Liguria – Paul Magnier (France)
- Maglia a Pois, leader of the KOM, sponsored by Confindustria La Spezia – Antonio Morgado (Portugal)
- Maglia Bianca, leader of the Young Riders Classification, born after 01/01/2005, sponsored by Spigas Clienti / Terre di Luni – Simone Gualdi (Lombardia)
- Maglia Arancione, leader of the Intermediate Sprints, sponsored by Assessorato allo Sport della Regione Liguria / Memorial Massimo Vanello – Andrea Raccagni Noviero (Liguria)
- Maglia Azzurra, leader of the Italian Riders Classification, sponsored by Conad – Simone Gualdi (Lombardia)